Vanilla Horse Cupcakes

My first venture into the wonderful world of all things novelty was following a request from a friend to provide cupcakes for her daughter's Western-themed birthday party.  I wanted to come up with something different, something that was sure to please a bunch of 9 year olds, and something decidedly WESTERN.  So I got some wafer cookies, some white and milk chocolate, some peanuts and some pretzles, and went to work.  What I came up with was this:

I piped the milk chocolate on the wafer for the mane, and the pretzle for the tail.  I also added some spots to the horse's "torso".  I tried to find the Circus peanuts candies, but had to settle for regular old peanuts - but I was trying to make the entire cupcake edible.  Who wants to have to pick off a peanut shell from the top of a cupcake?!  Regardless, the birthday girl was beyond excited, so I'd have to say overall, it was a job well done.  Not bad for my first attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment