Circle of Hope Breast Cancer Fundraiser

A friend from the MOMS Club in Castaic, CA asked me to participate in a fundraiser over the weekend for Circle of Hope.  Because this is a cause that is very near and dear to my heart, I jumped at the chance to help this group of moms raise money for this charity.  Here are some pictures of the cupcakes and cake pops that they sold.

Pink cake pops were red velvet, with cream cheese frosting, dipped in pink white chocolate, and drizzled with white chocolate.  I used white dusting sugar to give them an extra something special.  White cake pops were chocolate espresso, with chocolate Kahlua buttercream frosting, dipped and drizzled with white chocolate, and dusted with pink dusting sugar.

Chocolate cupcakes with a mini peanut butter cup baked right inside, and peanut butter cream cheese frosting.  Because the fundraiser was for a breast cancer charity, I wanted to stick with the pink theme, so I rolled pink fondant on top of a lace impression mold, and used a circular cutter to cut the disks out of it.  Then I dusted them with shimmery luster dust to give it a sparkle.


Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  I made the pink ribbon out of fondant, and used edible glitter to make it sparkle.  Too bad it didn't come out in the picture!
And my favorite - strawberry lemon drop cupcakes, with lemon drop frosting and fresh strawberry sauce drizzled on top!  That's right, lemon drop - like the drink!  I had a few extra cupcakes leftover, and ate them for breakfast as a muffin the next morning!  The Vodka really enhanced the strawberry and lemon flavors in the cupcake and frosting.  So delicious!  I sprinkled pearlized sugar dragees on top.

100% of the proceeds from our donation went to Circle of Hope.  Thanks to MOMS Club for inviting us to participate in such an important event!

No comments:

Post a Comment